Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Snow Problem




When Bex and I were walking through town in the lush sunshine on Saturday, we decided to cool down by having a snow cone between us. It was our first snow cone and was actually very nice (even if it did seem identical to a slush puppy...)! I thought I’d take a photo of it, I know it’s pretty much a snapshot, but I thought it was worthy to be today’s upload.

I love how the ice crystals glisten in the light reflected from the pop-up flash, and I really like the contrast between the blue ice and the red ice. By using a moderately large aperture I managed to take the background out of focus which centres the attention on the snow cone itself.

The snow cone tasted very nice and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to give it a try. Bex and I will have to get out on another photography wander soon, and take some more nature shots, (and maybe some macro photos!), but I still want to continue with the street photography. What should we upload next, nature or street?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment