Friday, May 25, 2012

Cooling off



It’s been unbearably hot all week and I’m beginning to feel summery! Clearly I’m not the only one, as I found out when I saw this dog in the local nature reserve today.

I haven’t had a lot of time to myself recently, so I especially enjoyed my walk today. I walked down to the local lake and sat by the water for about half an hour as I watched the world go by. At one point, a woman and her dog walked down the pathway. The dog was clearly feeling the heat so took a running jump into the lake, landing with a huge splash, then emerged and shook off.

I was quick enough that I managed to capture the dog shaking off the water droplets. Later, I uploaded the pictures to my laptop but I couldn’t see the water droplets clearly, so decided to try it in black and white.

I love how clearly the droplets can be seen. I think it works really well in black and white and I love how the sun reflects on the water. Let’s just hope the weather stays this nice all weekend!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment