Sunday, May 13, 2012

Finer Things



I've finally had chance to get out and take some photos! Today, I went to our local woods with Bex. When I (eventually) got the camera off of her, I took this photo of a tree that had been cut down years ago. I decided to use the flash to highlight the details like the fungi and moss which were clinging on to the side of it. I used quite a wide aperture (F3.9) which meant that lots of light went through the lens which, when coupled with using the flash, meant that the white highlights on the fungi became more noticeable. I really like how the flash picks out very fine details.
Again, next week I may not get many chances to take any photos. I shall try my best otherwise it’s up to Bex; which is probably no bad thing as I reckon she’s the better photographer!
I think that the flash really helps when picking out detail, but what do you think works best; using flash or increasing the ISO?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment