Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stumped



As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, my favourite way to relax is going for a walk with my SLR and setting myself the challenge of finding the most interesting shot possible- the type of shot that you notice something new every time you look at it.

This afternoon I went for a walk around my local nature reserve accompanied by my umbrella. It started to rain more heavily so I walked through the woods for shelter. When Mat and I go into the woods, we normally sit on a fallen tree to watch the world go by. I was alone today, but decided to stop there never the less. As I walked up to the log I noticed this strange fungus on a tree stump next to the log.

I took this picture in aperture priority to try and get a deeper depth of field. Having looked at this picture a few times so far, I have noticed the pattern on the fungus, the different shades and the texture on the underside.

Keep looking, perhaps get your friends to have a look and see how many details you can spot.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment