Thursday, June 21, 2012

Coloured Lights




This photo was taken last Saturday after the Gavin and Stacey tour. We got back home and I was randomly thinking about how I love the creative light effectives that other photographers make.

I thought that I should have a go myself; this was one of the results. I turned off all the lights and borrowed Bex’s phone as it was brighter. I settled the camera onto a table and used a long exposure time of 5 seconds. When I released the shutter I moved the phone around in front of the camera lens in a ‘swinging’ shape, this created the curve effect that can be seen.

The photo didn’t come out completely perfect; so I asked Bex to edit it for me. She increased the contrast on the photo to make the colours really stand out from each other, also by increasing the contrast the colours become really bright and vibrant.


I was really impressed with how it came out; Bex is very good at editing and I really like what she has done with the photo.

I really like how the photo has come out, Bex did a very good job with the editing. I enjoyed playing with the light effects and I plan to make some more in the near future. What do you think though? What sort of light effects should I try next?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment