Sunday, June 24, 2012

Stuck



If you live in the UK you may have noticed that there is no escaping the excessive amounts of rain that we have had over the last week, and you wouldn’t believe that I’m now looking out of the window at the sun shining!

I’ve had a rather eventful morning today. Mat always says that I should be more prepared (I’m forever walking in pumps!), but to be prepared today I’d need a boat! I’ve been stung, got stuck in mud while taking a picture and I’ve almost fallen in the lake! Despite everywhere being flooded this morning, I have managed to take enough shots that I am pleased with for Mat to have a two-week holiday!

This picture is of one of the paths by the lakeside, which I think sums up the past week incredibly well. I used a fast shutter speed to try and catch the spray in my image. Later, I edited the picture in Photoshop. I de-saturated the picture slightly and increased the contrast. I think it worked very well; I love the detail and the effect that the lack of colour gives.

I hope that the weather stays bright, I’m enjoying the sunshine! I just got a text telling me that it’s sunny in Geneva. Charming! Thanks Mat….

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment