Friday, June 1, 2012

A Green Break




Today Daily Wanders celebrates two months of being active! Thank you for being so loyal to us and we look forward to doing all our future uploads.

Now for today’s post: This afternoon Bex and I managed to escape for a bit to take some photos. The weather was very nice with plenty of sunshine and after about 30-40mins we needed to have a rest from the glare under a tree for a few minutes.

While under the tree I noticed how the light shone through the leaves, I really liked this and had to take a photo of the effect! I used the macro function, turned the ISO to 100, boosted the amount of green, and used an aperture of F4.5 coupled with a shutter speed of 1/25 to control the amount of light.

I really love how this photo came out, with the light seeping through the leaves and blasting through the holes eaten by caterpillars.  I also like how you can see through the leaf because it’s so thin, and how the veins in the leaves are very clear and show the structure of the leaves so clearly.

Unfortunately this will be my last post for about a week; I’m going on holiday! I shall ask Bex to keep you all informed on how it is going and will hopefully upload some photos of it when I get back. For now I will leave you in the very capable hands of Bex and her stunning photography. I hope you all enjoy your holiday.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment