Monday, June 25, 2012

Wings vs Water



It was much sunnier today, which made me feel slightly smug when Mat sent me a text to tell me he was sat in the sunshine at the side of Lake Geneva. Although it was sunnier today, the area surrounding the lake was still flooded and it was incredibly soft underfoot.

I enjoyed using the telephoto lens yesterday, so I took it with me again today. I sat down on a bench at the lakeside. While watching the wildlife go past I saw a dragonfly. It flew away before I had chance to take a picture so I decided to follow it.

When it landed I took my chance. I’m glad I had the telephoto lens on as it made it easier to take the shot without scaring it. I’m surprised at the amount of detail that has been retained even though I didn’t use a macro lens. I love the amount of detail that you can see in the wings, and how you can see the hairs on the dragonfly.

I’m really impressed with this picture, and it’s encouraged me to use the telephoto lens again. I’m really enjoying having the blog to myself!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment