Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Lone Daisy




This is another photo from yesterday’s short wander. It was actually taken about 50 feet down the path from yesterdays upload!! I noticed how the water droplets had settled onto the daisy; I really liked the effect that it created on the flower.

I thought I should put the camera onto a portrait format; I did this so as to only show the daisy in the centre, it also focuses the attention onto the head of the daisy. I used a large aperture to blur the background so as to not distract the attention away from the daisy. I preselected the white balance to make sure that the daisy petals came out a really clear white against the green background.

After putting the photos onto the computer, I used photoshop to edit them. I reduced the colour temperature to make the white petals even whiter; I also tuned the shadows down a little so as to keep the interest on the flower itself.

I really like how the photo has come out, with the detail of the water droplets and the detail in the petals. Hopefully the weather will make a turn for the better so that I can take some sky shots. Bex and I have been making the best of the bad weather with our photography. Have you been making the most out of the wet weather too?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment