Friday, June 29, 2012

Small beauty



I had a morning off today and so I went for a short walk. After I sat down for lunch I saw an interesting group of flowers next to where I was sitting. Fortunately Bex had let me borrow her camera for the day, because I took quite a few photos today! This one came about quite by chance.

I took this photo just after I had finished my lunch. I focused the camera on a yellow butter-cup in the centre of the group of flowers. There was quite a lot of flowers in the photo so I decided that I should focus the photo onto the central flower; so I cropped the photo down. While I was in photoshop I decided to alter the exposure by darkening the shadows slightly and darkening the highlights by a very small amount to reduce the amount of white-out.

I really liked the effect of this photo with the blurred foreground and the bright, clear yellow of the flower. I’m quite impressed with how the editing came out in this photo; I think I’m slowly getting better with using photoshop and hopefully I will get better still.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment