Thursday, June 7, 2012

Levels



I went to an art gallery today, as photography isn’t my only passion. I was lucky enough to spend the entirety of my time with a sketchbook and pencil in hand. I didn’t leave the gallery until just before closing time when most had already left & it was starting to go dark so the lights had been switched on.

I was on the top floor, and I took this picture as I walked down the main staircase. I like how the rows of lights work as lead in lines to the dinosaur skeleton at the back of the picture. I think being able to see 3 floors, where the people are and what is happening on each floor really adds interest to the picture.

Using flash wasn’t allowed in the gallery, so I had to use a high ISO coupled with exposure compensation. I increased the saturation in Photoshop afterwards because I liked the colour of the building itself.

I really enjoyed going to the art gallery today, and I’m hoping to go again soon with Mat. He said he’s really enjoying himself, but can’t wait to get back to the blog on Sunday!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment