Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Empty Swings



Here's another photo from our picnic in the park on Sunday. On our way back from the picnic, we passed some swings. They were empty at the time and they looked quite eerie. I thought that this effect would be emphasised by taking the photo in black and white. I increased the contrast to make the swings bolder against the background. I really like how the supports are lined up, and how all the seats are lined up as well. They both create interesting lead in lines which make the swings appear longer and like they stretch into the distance. Using black and white gives the image a dark and mysterious tone, I like this effect and I think that it works very well for this photo.

Bex and I shall try to get out again soon to take more photos. I'm going to Switzerland on Sunday and won't be back until Wednesday, so once again you will be in the capable hands of Bex.
Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment