Friday, June 15, 2012

Facing Fears



I will freely admit that apart from the odd wander with my camera, I’m not the sort of person who relishes time in the outdoors, and I fear almost anything with the ability to fly, sting or walk on 6 or more legs.

I went for a walk through our local nature reserve today, but to a part that I don’t often visit. There is a small man-made pond in a field on the outskirts of the reserve, which has a wooden platform at the edge. I sat on the platform for a rest, watching the dragonflies and pond skaters, before I noticed a small spider at the other end of the platform. I got about 4 inches away from it and managed to take this picture before it ran away.

Later, I increased the saturation in Photoshop and sharpened the whole image. I’m really pleased with this picture (and only partly because I managed to hold my nerve long enough to take it!). Maybe facing your fears is good for photography too…

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment