Saturday, June 23, 2012

Tires and Travels




This will be my last post for a short while as I am travelling to Switzerland tomorrow morning. I thought that as I had such a great time last weekend that I should upload another photo from it.

After Bex and I had lunch, she insisted that she wanted to go on the swings. While she was on one of them, I thought the other might make a good subject for an arty photo. I really like the effect of black and white photos; I thought this one could look good in black and white too. I set up the shot so that the chain was in the centre and only half the tire was included in the frame. I used aperture priority mode, selecting a large aperture, which gave a shallow depth of field and caused the background to blur perfectly. I really like how the light reflects off of the tire. With the use of a low ISO the photo is incredibly sharp, with every detail recorded precisely.

The photo didn’t require any editing in Photoshop. I really liked how the photo looked straight from the camera so I left it as it was.

I’m really going to miss doing my uploads; and I’m going to miss all of you. I shall leave you with Bex and her amazing, high quality photos. I’m sure that she has a whole store of photos just waiting to be uploaded. I’ll be returning on Wednesday and continuing with my blog posts as soon as I can. Until then I hope you all have a great time.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment