Monday, June 4, 2012

Sunset skies



I know this is a photography blog, but today I’m allowing myself an exception and instead I’m uploading a snapshot.

For most, today has been a day of street parties and celebration- but not for me, as I enjoyed a relaxing day after a busy weekend. This evening I went for a walk, stopping once I reached the top of a sizeable hill to watch the sunset. I love walking, and the view from the hill is amazing as you can see the whole of the nature reserve from the top. At the top of the hill, it’s flat and about the size of a field so it’s an amazing place to go for some quiet time.

The colours of the sunset this evening were stunning. I took this photo with a macro lens as I was expecting to take mostly close ups. I upped the contrast on the camera, but reduced the sharpness to get a softer effect. I love this picture, and I’m really impressed with how the colours came out.

I hope you had a good day and enjoy yet another day off tomorrow!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment