Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Duck Out Of Water




Bex and I managed to get out today for a walk so we took our cameras with us. Once again we went down to the local duckpond. When we arrived the pond was full of ducks and swans. One of the ducks was standing on the edge of the pond; so I crept as close to it as I could to take a photo.

To capture the photo I was using the camera in shutter priority (Tv mode), and selected a shutter speed of 1/160th of a second. This shutter speed was fast enough to freeze the action and to combat camera shake. The camera used aperture F4 to complete the exposure with ISO 200. I didn’t use the flash as I was quite close and I didn’t want the highlights on the duck to become clipped.

To edit this photo I adjusted the light levels a small amount and I cropped the photo down. I adjusted the light levels by increasing the contrast and the brightness to give the photo more ‘punch’. And I cropped the photo down to focus the attention onto the duck.

I’m glad that Bex and I got a chance to go out today as I was just starting to get low on photos to upload. I now have quite a few more photos that I can upload and show you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment