Monday, January 14, 2013

Jigsaw




Wow! It’s been a very busy week and a long holiday from the blog. I must apologise for abandoning Daily Wanders in favour of a 9-day respite; I’ve had a week full of exams and have barely found time for coursework, let alone our readers or my camera! Finally, I can breathe a sigh of relief and flop down in front of my laptop as it’s all over (for now anyway). Of course, having the week that I did, I haven’t had time to go for another walk since last weekend. This is both a blessing and a curse, as I have missed my walks but still have plenty of photos to upload.

This is one of the first photos I took but, as usual, it’s one of my favourites!!! It was arranged that we should meet the photography group in the café of a local music venue before parting company. As we left, most people walked straight to the harbour, while Mat and I walked around the city centre. The venue is modern and quite large, but is set back from the busiest part of town on a small street collaged with different buildings. This small back street exhibits the modern venue next to a small, run-down building, which looks somewhat like it’s been abandoned- a sort of 3D jigsaw. On the side of this building was a grate over an air-conditioning unit, which pulled in fresh air from its surroundings. Unfortunately, it had also managed to pull in some leaves, which entwined themselves with the grate.

I tried to take the shot at a low angle with a wide aperture to make it seem more mysterious. I also used low- key gradation to add contrast to my shot and make it darker to suit the mood of the image. I haven’t edited this image at all as I was pleased with the original. I can’t wait to go on another walk with my camera. As a hobby, it’s interesting on more than one scale; as well as paying closer attention to your surroundings, you can also end up in a few strange situations. Well, you do if you’re me!
Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment