Thursday, January 10, 2013

Nature Meets Man-Made




On the short walk I went on yesterday I walked through a small industrial estate, one of the buildings had a disused air-conditioning unit on the side of it. It obviously hadn’t been serviced for a very long time as the unit was very rusty. There had been quite a lot of wind recently and this had blown dead leaves onto the protection mesh and they had become stuck.

The leaves sticking onto the protective mesh I thought showed the contrast that can arise when the natural world meets the made-made world. I thought this contrast made an interesting composition as well. To take the photo I used the camera in program auto mode because as the subject was all in the same plane the actual aperture chosen made very little difference. The camera chose a shutter speed of 1/50th of a second with an aperture of F4.5 and an ISO of 320. I didn’t use flash because I didn’t want the background to be lit up very much.

To edit the photo I only adjusted the colour temperature and the saturation. By increasing both of these I introduced a lot more ‘life’ into the photo and also made the photo look a lot more vivid. I didn’t change the light levels because I was happy with how the camera had exposed the photo, and I didn’t want to spoil the effect.

I enjoyed my wander around my town; I went a different way to normal and found some new interesting areas to take photographs at. I’m sure I will be going back again soon to take some more.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment