Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sledging For All Ages!




While watching the sledging in town a group of older students joined in with the fun. They were appropriately dressed for the weather in some rather brightly coloured tiger pyjamas! Proving that you’re never too old to be out sledging in the snow. Instead of sitting on his sledge conventionally he attempted to stand and ride it down the slope; with some rather interesting results.

For this photo I had put the camera in shutter priority and while using Ai focus coupled with continuous drive mode I took a series of photos as he slid down the slope. This was the best photo as it shows him attempting to regain balance on his sledge.

I edited the image by lowering the shadows and sharpening the image. Also I cropped the image down, to use the rule of thirds for a better composition. I did this to make the photo look more interesting and create a more dynamic composition.

I hope the students had a lot of fun that day; it defiantly looked like they were having a good time while we were there! I’ve had a fantastic time in the snow with all the photographic opportunities; the snow makes everything look much more photogenic.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment