Monday, January 28, 2013

Following the Path



The snow was fun while it lasted, but I don’t miss the cold hands or the constant slipping; I’m glad to be a little warmer! I went for a walk to the local harbour today, as I had some free time and wanted to get some fresh air. Surprisingly, some of the leaves were still on the trees!

As I walked along the harbour, I noticed some lights were left over from Christmas. They were draped along the entire row of trees, and looking at it straight on, it looked like a path. I took the photo in this position, to try and capture this effect. I did try to take the shot at a wider angle to start with, but the surrounding buildings detracted from it. I used an aperture of F5.6 so the lights would become less sharp as they got further away, focusing attention on the foreground.

I adjusted the contrast and hue of the picture in Photoshop to increase vibrancy. I also sharpened the image so each of the leaves could be seen. I’m pleased with this image, although I’m a little disappointed that I couldn’t include more of the surroundings.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment