Saturday, January 19, 2013

Snowy




It’s the second day of snow for us, and yet another day of amazing photography opportunities!!! Although I must admit that the novelty is beginning to wear off- bring on the Mediterranean warmth!

Today, Mat and I took the bus to a small village on the outskirts of town. It’s been featured a few times in our blog as it’s lined with trees and features long stretches of grass; it’s one of those special places that looks different at each point in the year, making it an amazing place to visit. This is one of the last photos I took before running off for a cup of coffee! One of the central parts of the village is the small square; trees are dotted around the square, along with benches and a small path running through the middle, with lights on each side.

To take this photo, I used an aperture of F5 to blur the background, keeping the lamp the main focus of the image. I haven’t edited this photo much, apart from sharpening it and increasing the contrast to separate the foreground and background more clearly. I’ve really enjoyed my snow day (both of them!), but I do wish snow was a weather condition associated with summer- I’m freezing!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment