Saturday, January 26, 2013

Young Sledgers




Now that most of the snow has gone I thought I should upload more photos of snow! I thought the best photo to upload was one from last weekend, when we went into town to see the sledging.

For this photo I wanted to isolate just the two children on the sledge so I use a wide aperture of F5 which limits the depth of field. I coupled this with a shutter speed of 1/640th of a second to ensure that the action was completely frozen and the two children remained completely sharp. I left the ISO sensitivity in automatic so the camera chose to use ISO 1600 to balance the exposure.

To edit the photo I decreased the contrast and lowered the highlights. I didn’t change anything else because I was happy with the result I had made with the camera. I tried cropping the image down but I preferred the composition I had made when I captured the image. Then after this I converted the photo into JPEG format from RAW to upload.

Hopefully we may get another chance to go out for a walk soon. If we do then be sure there will be lots of new interesting photos to be uploaded.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment