Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Mountainous




I haven’t had a chance to go out for photography walk so I’ve been raiding my computer today for some inspiration. I was looking through some of my older holiday photos when I stumbled across this photo I took while walking up Mount Snowdon. I love the Welsh countryside, each time you look at it you spot something different.

For this photo I set the camera into auto, because the aperture used would make very little difference to the photo. I composed the photo so that one of the peaks was in the left third and the lakes were more towards the centre to balance the composition. As the weather was quite overcast I put the horizon in the top third to create a more dramatic effect.

To edit the photo I increased both the contrast and the brightness. I did this to make the photo more vibrant. Also to increase the vibrancy I increased the colour temperature by a small amount. I didn’t crop the photo because I was happy with the composition and I didn’t want to spoil the effect I had created.

Hopefully if I get a chance over the weekend I will go out for a photography wander. If not I shall dive back into my computer’s hard drive.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment