Saturday, January 5, 2013

Focused



Mat and I went for a walk today; only today’s wander was a little different. We joined a local photography group on a walk around the town centre. The group was fairly large so we split off into smaller groups and arranged to meet later. I feel like I had a good photography day today; in other words, I have a few images that I’m really proud of and this is one of them!

Small shrubs are dotted around the town centre to make the area look greener. I focused on macro shots today, as I haven’t taken any in quite a while! One of the plants had small red berries on the branches. I took a few pictures from further away but couldn’t get close enough to achieve the effect I wanted; to combat this I used my macro filters (+7), which allowed me to focus an inch away from the subject, with a much smaller depth of field. I tried to put the most forward berry in the centre of the frame to focus attention.

I’m really pleased with the original photo, so I haven’t edited it; I love using my filters!! I really enjoyed my wander today, and can’t wait to join the photography group at their next event!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment