Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Coffee Break




Bex and I managed to go out for a wander today, so we decided to go for a walk around our local town. We had been walking for a long time and fortunately we found a nice little coffee shop just in time. So we bought our teas and coffees and gave our legs a rest. While drinking our teas and coffees I noticed that on another table the previous occupants had left their mugs behind as they went to collect their food; the two mugs and the ketchup bottle made a rather interesting composition.

For this photo I used an aperture of F4.5 to capture a small depth of field. I wanted a small depth of field so I could isolate just the two mugs and the ketchup bottle. I didn’t use the flash as I didn’t want to disturb the other people at the coffee shop. As there was a lot of ambient light and I was using a wide aperture the camera chose to use a shutter speed of 1/250th of a second at ISO 400.

To edit the photo I increased the contrast to give the photo some extra punch and I also cropped the photo. I cropped the photo to remove a lot of the distracting surroundings and to focus the attention onto the two mugs and the ketchup bottle. I didn’t change anything else because I was happy with the effect that I had produced.

I’m glad we had a chance to go out today I managed to take a few good photos, but unfortunately not many as we had some shopping to do at the same time. But the best of the photos I shall upload for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment