Thursday, January 31, 2013

Blues




We survived January!! That may seem a little over dramatized, but I can honestly say that I despise January with a passion (apart from the sales, of course). In my opinion, January is a punishment for having a month of over-eating and constant partying! Now I’ve gotten my rant over with, I’ll continue.

I took this photo while on a wander through town. I stopped in a coffee shop to escape the snow, warm up and look through my photos. I started casting an eye around the café, and spotted a small plant next to me, adorned with lights and ornaments. It seemed interesting, so I tried to mess around a little.

I used quite a slow shutter speed, to compensate using a narrow aperture. I liked the photo, but it seemed a little dull so I decided to edit it using Photoshop. I tried increasing the contrast, to make the image more vibrant but my computer froze then jolted up to almost +80, but surprisingly I really liked it! To try to improve this further, I increased the hue, sharpened the image and decreased the brightness. I then cropped the image to focus attention and used the healing tool to remove small pieces of distracting detail.

I hope you managed to survive the January blues as well; it’s nice to have a secret method to keeping yourself happy through the winter. No prize for guessing that mine is photography!!

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment