Friday, January 11, 2013

Yes Master?




I had some spare time this evening so I went for a walk with my family and our dog. Our dog loves the water, and in this case he ran off into a ditch and got himself completely covered in water! When he came out of the ditch he paused for a moment before running off. For this momentary pause he was standing in a typical (and photogenic) stance that all dogs of his type do.

To capture this moment I was using the camera in Shutter Priority mode and set the shutter speed at 1/400th of a second. I was using a focal length of around 130mm so the shutter speed was more than fast enough to freeze the action. The camera was using ISO 400 and selected an aperture of F4.5 to complete the exposure. I didn’t use the flash as I didn’t want the highlights to become blown.

The only editing I did to the photo was to crop the photo down to focus the attention; as there was a lot of distracting foliage next to the ditch. I didn’t want to change anything else because I was happy with the effect that I had captured, and I didn’t want to spoil the atmosphere.

Bex and I have planned to go back into our local city again this weekend. So hopefully we shall have some new photos to show you by next week.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment