Sunday, January 27, 2013

Under Snow




I really enjoyed the snow we had last weekend (as you may be able to tell!). So I thought I should upload one more. On the first walk we went on I took quite a few photos of various pieces of undergrowth. I thought these looked the most creative under the snow.

For this photo I wanted a shallow depth of field so I used the maximum aperture of F5.6 to give the shortest depth of field. I overexposed by one stop to counteract the cameras exposure system. Because of this the camera selected a shutter speed of 1/160th of a second at ISO 125. I didn’t use the flash as I didn’t want the snow to become over exposed.

To edit the photo I dropped the shadows and increased the contrast. I did this to make the snow stand out even more and give the photo more punch. At the same time I also increased the saturation a small amount to make the foliage look more vivid.

I think I’ve just about exhausted my stock of photos from the snow weekend. The ever changing weather has created some rather interesting photo opportunities so hopefully I will get a chance to go out during the week with my camera to capture some of them.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment