Thursday, January 17, 2013

Behind Bars




I know I said yesterday that I had uploaded all of my favourite photos from last weekend, but I lied. I booted up my computer to write a post, and while waiting for it to load the sidebar popped up displaying recent photos. I saw one photo that looked interesting, so enlarged it- only to find out that it was another from my last wander. For this reason, I shall simply apologise and get on with the post!

This photo is from the same location as another I have uploaded recently (Jigsaw). In that post, I explained about the street of collaged buildings, and how the new music venue was standing next to an abandoned building. I took this photo at the side of the old building. This image features the grate itself as the subject; it caught my attention because the bars were rusted, providing contrast between that and the new wire.

The original photo was quite dull, so I edited in Photoshop but tried to do as little as possible. I increased the contrast, darkened the shadows and sharpened the overall image. I also boosted the saturation slightly to make the rusty colours stand out.

I love focusing on smaller details; I haven’t taken any macro photos in a long while and have really enjoyed going back to this. I’m hoping to focus more on this during my next wander, perhaps with the macro filters so I can get even closer.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment