Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Along The Edge




This photo I had taken a while ago from one of the many short walks that Bex and I have been on. We were walking along a public footpath when I saw a single tree but with a larger group of trees standing behind in the distance. I thought that if I took a photo then cropped it into a near square format it would make an interesting composition.

To capture the photo I used the camera in aperture priority and selected an aperture of F8 to ensure both the foreground and the background was in sharp focus. I didn’t use the flash as this would have caused the sky to white-out. I also boosted the sharpness in the camera because I wanted all the detail in the hedge to be very clear.

To edit the photo I cropped the photo down as planned but I also adjusted the light levels. I did this to boost the contrast and darken the sky a small amount. I like the effect that I created by cropping the photo down, it focuses the attention onto the groups of trees. Before I cropped the photo it looked very cluttered and the eye wasn’t being led to the correct focal points.

Not sure exactly when our next photography wander is going to be but I’m sure we will be going on one very soon. I think it would be interesting to go down to the duckpond when it is frozen over. It might make some interesting reflected patterns?

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment