Friday, January 4, 2013

Back In Time




My laptop is back and (almost) working! Of course, I’m now behind with photos so have had to upload another old shot. I took this photo during a walk through the courtyard with the church (previously mentioned on 22nd December).

A woman was feeding the gulls while leaning against one of the trees. After she left, the gulls continued to fly around, lingering at the prospect of more food. I used my wide-angle lens and tried to get back as far as possible in order to get a lot of detail into the shot. I took the photo on super high quality to make it possible to look at small details, such as the bird with bread in its beak and the individual leaves on the trees.

I tried to focus on textures in this image. I included a lot of ground to make the pattern on the floor more prominent. I increased the sharpness in-camera to pick out the detail of the leaves, and used a narrow aperture to increase the depth of field so both lampposts and all trees were in focus. Unfortunately, this means that the building behind is also in focus- but I like the arches and I think it works well. I used a custom white balance to make the image feel warmer, but I haven’t edited the photo at all! Sometimes I like to take a busy shot, as it gives you more to look at and focuses your attention on tiny details in every section.

Bex
x

No comments:

Post a Comment