Monday, January 7, 2013

Peering Flower




I took quite a lot of photos while out on our walk on Saturday. I know I was taking photos in a city but there were a lot of green areas. In one of these there was a small group of flowers. They made an interesting composition so I decided to take a photo of them.

For this photo I wanted a very small depth of field so I decided to use my telephoto lens. I set the aperture as wide as possible which gave the short depth of field that I was looking for. For this photo I didn’t use my flash gun because I tried some test shots and the photos didn’t look as good when compared with the photos taken without flash. I boosted the saturation and the contrast in camera to give the photo some extra ‘punch’.

I liked how the camera had captured the photo so I decided not to edit the photo. I didn’t want to spoil the effect that I had created.

I still have a few more photos that I can upload to show you. So for the next art on start on few days I shall be using the photos that I took on Saturday, I hope you enjoy them.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment