Thursday, January 3, 2013

Mountain Walks




Unfortunately I haven’t had a chance to go out for a photography wander yet. So once again I looked through my computer, I saw a few good photos from my trip up Snowdon so I thought I should upload another one.

This photo was again taken in automatic as the specific aperture used makes very little difference to the depth of field. I composed the photo so the mountain was slightly in the right hand third of the frame and with the horizon towards the lower third of the frame. I did this to make an open and relaxed atmosphere to the photo. The camera chose to metre off the whole frame so that the exposure was an average of the highlights and shadows.

To edit the photo I decided to increase the contrast and lower the highlights. I did this because the photo looked a bit ‘flat’ before. Also I increased the colour temperature and the saturation. I did this to make the photo look more vibrant. I didn’t crop the photo because I liked how I had framed the photo.

I think I’ve just about exhausted the photos that I took on my trip up Snowdon, but If I spot any more I will upload them for you.

Mat

No comments:

Post a Comment